by First Mate Keira, guest blogger
Here are the top ten kid friendly places to sit and read a book.
- In bed. Morning or night, one of the best places to read is in your bed! You are your most relaxed and it’s extremely comfortable. Stack up those pillows or crawl under the bedclothes for some truly exceptional reading time.
- At the park. Make a picnic and bring a large blanket, find a nice spot and settle in for a lazy day. A calm overcast day is best for eyes and hair. You won’t tire easily and you won’t be distracted by flipping pages and clinging hair caused by the wind.
- In a library. It’s fairly quiet in a library and there are usually places for settling in with a book. Some have little nooks and others have open reading lounges. Find yourself a spot and crack open a book!
- On a couch. Like your bed, the couch is a nice and comfy spot to sit/rest and read a book. Armrests make great pillows.
- In a tent. Whether this tent is in your room or outside camping, a tent is a great reading space. You’re enclosed and away from prying eyes. It’s private and cozy. You’re cut off from the real world and given all the space you need to enter a book world.
- In a tree house. For the same reasons as a tent, plus it’s super cool. Who doesn’t like a tree house? It’s a special secret place just for you.
- In the bathtub. Get clean and get time to read at the same time! Add some bubbles or bath salts and you’re really having a party… a party for one, but still as fun!
- At a friend’s house. Reading at a friend’s is awesome because you get to hang out in quiet companionship. This is a great way to pass time together without being too involved with each other. You’re not alone, but you’re not required to talk either.
- In the car. You spend a lot of time in the car. Open that book and fill those empty wasted minutes spent traveling by traveling to another world.
- By the pool. Dangle your feet in the water or lie out on your towel. Both are great for reading. Bring a cool drink to quench your thirst and have fun!
Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was in her teens and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.