by Captain Lyaf Yarr
There are lots of books, authors, publishing houses, libraries, and readers out there! That’s because many people like to read. Everybody likes to read for different reasons.
Here’s six reasons why I like to read:
- Reading allows me to enter into new worlds and new lives. I can be in Middle Earth or in Scotland going to a wizarding school. I can be a girl learning to be a princess or I can be a boy lost in the wilderness. I can enter these worlds and see them through the eyes of the characters any time and it’s never boring.
- When you read it increases you vocabulary and you sound smarter. If you listen to audio books you’ll be able to pronounce these new words without even thinking about it. I like that!
- It’s fun and enjoyable see other point of views. I will never be able to guess what an author or character will do because I would do them differently. I wouldn’t have it any other way or reading would be boring!
- Books contain useful and important information. You can learn things in fiction as easily as you can learn things from school books and non-fiction literature. Authors do lots of research to make their worlds accurate and interesting.
- I get to see the big picture. As the reader I sometimes get to see things the characters don’t see. I also know their story is finite- there’s a beginning, a middle, and an end. Most times it’s happy, even when it looks dark for the main character. That’s good to know!
- Reading is something to do. I can read when friends are busy, when there’s nothing else to do, and sometimes even when there’s other things to do!
I’ve shared my reasons now tell me yours! Why do you like to read?