This is the perfect day to give thanks and without further ado here is what I am most thankful for about romance:
- Billionaires. Like Harlequin, I am thankful for billionaire heroes. Can you imagine an arrogant, brooding, and handsome Harlequin man not being the CEO of his own company? The horror! Shudders. Category romance would not be the same without them!
- Vampires. I love vampires in my romance. I have loved them since I picked up Guilty Pleasures, my first Anita Blake Vampire Hunter book, and the loving hasn’t stopped. Thank you Joss Whedon for making Buffy The Vampire Slayer and giving us Angel! To Stephenie Meyer also, because now I have Angel and Jean-Claude and Edward Cullen.
- Dukes. Historical romance, especially Regency romance, would languish without these handsome brutes. They do plenty of things real dukes did not like become spies for England on a regular basis, but that’s what make them so sexy. Don’t we all want to seduce a duke?
- Blind leads. I love blind leads and I’m thankful for each and every romance book out there that has one and for every author that wrote one! You make my day every time I find a novel with this character flaw. There are never too many!
- Authors. I am extremely thankful to romance authors. Without you, my bookshelves would be empty and my time filled doing something else other than reading, and as reading is my favorite thing to do that would be very sad indeed.
- Publishers and Publicists. Without you I would not have heard of, found, or read many of the wonderful books you sent to share with me. Thank you for that and thank you for your generosity with my readers!
- Bloggers. To my fellow romance bloggers, you are all wonderful and extremely talented, kind, and entertaining! I love reading your blogs and I would miss you if any of you decided to quit blogging.
- Readers. To each and every reader of my blog, I am thankful for you too! I am so happy to have you here and enjoy reading all of the comments you leave. I hope to continue to earn your trust and friendship in the months and years to come.
What about romance are you thankful for?