by First Mate Keira, guest reviewer.
Title: Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident, Book 2
Author: Eoin Colfer
Narrator: Nathaniel Parker
# CDs (Minutes): 5 CDs (approximately 72 min. each)
Format: Unabridged Compact Disc
Grade Reading Level: 6.2; Ages 10-17
Audio Clip Preview: Download Clip (Right click, save as.)
Summary: Artemis Fowl gets news of his father’s status. He’s alive and being held for ransom. Down in the Lower Elements havoc is ensuing as Captain Holly Short unexpectedly uncovers a goblin gang with outdated weapons modified with human technology. It is assumed that a human is helping them and the only human who knows of the fairy people is Artemis Fowl…
Why I Started This Book:
I grabbed this book because I enjoyed the first book in the Artemis Fowl series! And I equally enjoyed book two. Colfer and Parker continue to be a great pair.
- Parker’s Russian voices. How on earth did he manage to make them sound different and share the same accent? Wow! This guy is very talented.
- Basically everything Foaly says but especially his retorts!
- Mulch Diggums return and Root’s subsequence purpling of face.
- That in this book it’s a couple of bad fairies causing mayhem, not Artemis Fowl, though he’s certainly accused!
- How insane both bad fairies were. One was a giggle-queen and weirdly childlike. The other was on a revenge streak and fairly stupid for how smart he was to get the ‘revolution’ going.
- Holly’s detached and reattached finger… very icky.
Book Rating: 3.5 Treasure Chests
Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was in her teens and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.
[phpbay]arctic incident colfer, 5, 29792, “”[/phpbay]
[phpbay]arctic incident colfer, 5, 377, “”[/phpbay]