Do you love Percy Jackson? Are you looking for more books that are just like it to take you on new adventures? You’re in luck! Here’s a handy list of books and series to check out for any Camp Halfblood fan.
Of course you’ll want to check out the whole collection of works by Rick Riordan. So we’ll start with the low-hanging fruit.
Percy Jackson Series:
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
- Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
- Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse
- Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
- Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
- Companion novel: The Demigod Files.
- Companion novel: Percy Jackson’s Greek gods
- Companion novel: Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes
Heroes of Olympus:
This is a sequel series by Rick Riordan based on the Percy Jackson series which introduces their Roman demigod counterparts and the Roman Legion.
- The Lost Hero
- The Son of Neptune
- The Mark of Athena
- The House of Hades
- The Blood of Olympus
- Companion novel: The Demigod Diaries
- Companion novel: The Demigods of Olympus: An Interactive Adventure
The Kane Chronicles:
This trilogy by Rick Riordan is about the Egyptian gods and the Kane children battling to save the world.
- The Red Pyramid
- The Throne of Fire
- The Serpent’s Shadow
- Companion novel: The Kane Chronicles Survival Guide
The Gods of Asgard Series:
Then there’s the new kid in town Magnus Chase, which focuses on the Norse gods. Also by Rick Riordan.
Kane Chronicles and Heroes of Olympus Cross-Over:
Next, we have some fun short stories by Rick Riordan with characters from both the Kane Chronicles and the Percy Jackson Series.
The Trials of Apollo:
And if all that wasn’t enough, Rick’s also starting a new series about Apollo, who is stripped of his godly status and must survive in New York.
- The Hidden Oracle (May 2016)
Rick Riordan is prolific, which is fantastic because there’ll always be something new from him, but let’s move on and meet some other authors, heroes, and adventures.
The Blackwell Pages by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr:
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: Norse demigods set in America are trying to stop Ragnarok.
Mither Mages by Orson Scott Card
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: Norse demigods set in America, with lost magic being found.
Cronus Chronicles by Anne Ursu
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: Greek mythology, set in America, a new bad guy in town to overthrow Hades.
Heroes in Training by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: This one is for younger readers, where young Greek gods discover their powers.
- Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom
- Poseidon and the Sea of Fury
- Hades and the Helm of Darkness
- Hyperion and the Great Balls of Fire
- Typhon and the Winds of Destruction
- Apollo and the Battle of the Birds
- Ares and the Spear of Fear
- Cronus and the Threads of Dread
- Crius and the Night of Fright
- Hephaestus and the Island of Terror
- Uranus and the Bubbles of Trouble
- Perseus and the Monstrous Medusa
The Theodosia Series by R.L. LaFevers
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: Cursed Egyptian objects, secret societies, magic, and an 11-yo to save the world.
- Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos
- Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris
- Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus
- Theodosia and the Last Pharaoh
Pegasus Series by Kate O’Hearn
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: A flying horse, Romance mythology, Roman gods, set in New York.
Oh My Gods by Tera Lynn Childs
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: Greek god descendants attend a fancy high school in Greece. Which one are you?
Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep
Why it will remind you of Percy Jackson: Kids in America with fighting powers and magic based on a bunch of different mythologies go to school at a special academy to keep the world safe from Loki.
- Companion Novel: First Frost
- Touch of Frost
- Kiss of Frost
- Dark Frost
- Crimson Frost
- Midnight Frost
- Killer Frost
Companion Novel: Spartan Frost
And that’s just a start! There’s plenty more out there! Share your favorites in the comments!