by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Happy New Year!!! I’m saying goodbye to 2009 and saying hello to 2010.
Instead of making a New Year’s resolution I am making a reading resolution! Feel free to join me in these reading resolutions or tell me what your resolutions are if they are different.
- To read more for pleasure. I love reading but I get distracted really easily. Not good. 🙁
- Understand all the books I read. This means I will look up a word that I don’t know either with the dictionary or asking an adult like my mom or sister what it means.
- To expand my reading horizon with genres I do not usually touch. Specifically nonfiction books like biographies.
- Finish my TBR (to be read) pile. I’ve noticed that lately my TBR pile has been getting a little bit bigger and bigger instead of smaller and smaller. (See 1.)
- To listen to more audio books. By listening to audio books more I can do more things while I have a book read to me like homework and chores. I might not get the book done faster, but I think on the whole I will because many narrators read faster than I do.
- Increase my reading speed. I’m not the slowest reader but I’d like to be able to read faster and still comprehend what I’m reading. I think this will happen if I just simply read more. I have no desire to be learn speed-reading.
- Read at least 100 books! Or more! I bet I could. I love a good challenge.
- To read more and stay less away from T.V, the internet, electronics, etc. It’s not that I’m on the computer or watching T.V all the time but I’d be cheeking my email and then I’d just get carried away. So this resolution is to put a limit on my distractions. 🙂
- Read more in public places, like at school, to show my friends that reading is fun. Not many of them willingly pick up a book and I find this sad. I’d love to see more of my friends reading, but not by force, just by suggestion. 😉
What are your reading resolutions for this year?