by First Mate Keira
Title: Star Crossed: Aries Rising
Author: Bonnie Hearn Hill
Page Count: 278
Grade Reading Level: Grades 7-9
Summary: Logan McRae just wants two things out of life. First, she wants Mr. Franklin to get her into the summer writing camp. Then she wants a date with Nathan. When she finds a book called Fearless Astrology, Logan’s life begins to change. Just when things are going good the Gears ruin everything. The Gears is a gang of kids causing trouble and vandalizing the school and surrounding community.
Why I started reading this book:
I got this book from participating in Bonnie Hearn Hill’s book blog tour for book one of the new Star Crossed series: Aries Rising.
- I personally don’t believe in astrology so I appreciated the reminders that the sun sign is not the sum of a person. I think that’s important to know and to not get too wrapped up in the superstition.
- I liked Mr. Franklin’s nickname Frankenstein. Haha. 🙂
- I liked that Fearless Astrology boosted Logan’s confidence and got her to experiment and try things. Getting out of her shell lead to all the good in her life – but relying solely on the book to make the calls got her into some hot water.
Dislikes (Contain Spoilers):
- The student in love with a teacher theme.
- Nathan getting back together with his ex at the end. Way to make his good deeds go out the window. You’d think he’d know better.
Last Minute Thoughts: The cover of this book is gorgeous and the book itself comes with temporary tattoos and a small section on astrology signs. Very cool!
Rating: 3.5 Treasure Chests