by First Mate Keira
Title: Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series, Book 4)
Author: Richelle Mead
Page Count: 503
Grade Reading Level: Grade 9+
Summary: Rose Hathaway is determined to track down and find Dimitri in order to kill him. Last book Dimitri was forcibly changed into a Strigoi, the evil kind of vampires in the Vampire Academy Series. Rose’s mission is one of kindness and heartbreak. Dimitri never wanted to be a Strigoi and asked to be eliminated if he ever became one… but can Rose do it? It is one thing to say you could murder the love of your life, it’s quite another to actually go through with it. It’s all theoretical until Rose finds him and that might take some doing.
Why I started this book:
I’ve read the previous books in the Vampire Academy series and am looking forward to the next!
- Rose’s time spent in hunt of Dimitri leads her to his home town, Omsk, where she meets blood whores, befriends his sisters, attends his memorial funeral… runs into another bonded spirit user and shadow-kissed and meets her dad??? Whoa!
- Adrian’s support of Rose’s quest to track down Dimitri: unlimited funds and mental/emotional support. He visits in her dreams and while it’s not something she particularly likes for most of the book, I think it’s cute, and Rose learns just how useful Adrian’s spirit skill is later on.
- A very big world-building element is introduced… alchemists. They take care of the dead vampires and bodies of vampire victims. Without them the big secret of their existence would be exposed.
- Strigoi Dimitri keeping Rose locked up and tortured (the constant happy juice from all the bloodletting). He treats her like a doll with the fancy clothes and jewelry. If Rose wasn’t on such a buzz from the vamp juice she’d be insulted.
- Dimitri’s stupid sister who won’t listen to Rose when it comes to a certain slimy Moroi. The sister believes it’s true love but Rose knows different.
Rating: 4.5 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]blood promise mead, 10, 377, “”[/phpbay]