Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: Darklight (Wondrous Strange, Book 2)
Author: Lesley Livingston
Page Count: 336 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 13 and up
Summary: Kelley Winslow might be a Faerie princess, but her Janus guard is far away in the Otherworld hunting down the dregs of the Wild Hunt. Sonny Flannery misses Kelley something fierce and is doggedly determined to get back to her. But it is another Janus guard that rescues Kelley from a terrifying fae encounter and sends them both tumbling end over end into the Otherworld themselves. There secrets about an ancient power start to whisper and Kelley must learn the game that is afoot or lose more than she can risk.
- Fennrys Wolf really stood out in this book. He is looking like a contender for Kelley. I bet Sonny won’t like that. Also I’m probably Team Fennrys.
- Sonny’s past is expanded and boy does it ever get complicated and convoluted as it crosses Kelley’s past too.
- The Spring Court! Woo!
- The cliffhanger – I don’t love Sonny! Oh angst!!!
- Not enough interaction between Kelley and Sonny in the beginning of the book. They don’t meet up again in person until about halfway through.
- Why does Queen Mabh not want her daughter to be with Sonny? That is not explained satisfactorily.
- Creepy leprechauns – who is controlling them – because they don’t seem all that organized or focused – just crazy.
Rating: 3.5 Treasure Chests