by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Author: J.K. Rowling
Format: Hard Back
# of pages: 652
Grade Reading Level:5.9; 4-8 grade
Summary: The toughest year for Harry so far begins by being hex and humiliated by his long time rival Draco Malfoy. Of three things Harry Potter is most certain. First, Draco Malfoy was a Death Eater. Second, Draco Malfoy was up to something bad. And third, that he was
in love with him. No, wait that would be Ginny Weasley! Now if only everyone would believe him. Not even Dumbledore, who was training Harry seemed to believe him. So what should he do? Spy of course and mix brilliant potions under the new Potions instructor’s tutelage!
Why I Started the Book:
I’m almost done rereading all the Harry Potter books! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows here I come!
- I loved when Dobby and Kreacher were fighting over Harry and I wished that it was in the movie.
- I liked the Defense Against the Dark Arts classes and also wished they showed some classes in the movie. It was Snape’s dream job and when he gets it, it’s not even showed in the movie!
- Dumbledore taught Harry more about Lord Voldemort through memories which was important, but I wished they took place all in one night and not scattered throughout the book. That way the follow up lessons could be on dueling!
- I liked how Harry tricked Ron with the Felix Felicis potion. It shows just how much attitude can change things vs. what magic can do.
- The Half-Blood Prince’s potion book. It makes me curious why he didn’t later have a book published on potions.
- Dumbledore dying. He’s one of the most important characters in the story! However Harry can’t defeat Lord Voldemort by holding onto Dumbledore robes. I’m sad to see him go but I understand why.
- Harry knew that Draco Malfoy was a Death Eater all along, but nobody believed him. Not even Dumbledore or Hermione!
- Dumbledore didn’t technically teach Harry how to defeat Lord Voldemort. He gave clues but he didn’t do as much as I thought he should have done.
Book Rating: I give this book 4 treasure chests!
[phpbay]Half-Blood Prince, 10, 29792, “”[/phpbay]
[phpbay]Half-Blood Prince, 10, 377, “”[/phpbay]