by First Mate Keira
Title: My Fair Godmother
Author: Janette Rallison
Page Count: 320 Pages
Grade Reading Level: Grades 4-9
Summary: Two sisters, one boy, a disaster in the making, n’est pas? Enter Chrysanthemum (Chrissy) Everstar, a fairy godmother-in-training looking to make a little extra credit and get good recommendations to get into Fairy Godmother University. As she’s only a “fair” student mix-ups are sure to happen as she strives to bring about one sister’s wishes for love and happiness.
Why I started this book:
I read an advance review of My Unfair Godmother, the sequel over at A Reader’s Adventure! Thought it sounded amazing, got the first book from the library.
- Chrissy – the airhead shopping obsessed fairy. Kind of like Savannah, the sister who gets the wishes.
- Rallison manages to garner sympathy and cheerleading for both sisters from me which is highly unusual as there’s almost always a bad sister.
- Savannah’s jaunts into Cinderella’s and Snow White’s tale! What fun! I especially like Rallison’s take on Snow White.
- Tristan and the tasks he has to complete to get home – defeating a troll, dragon, and the Black Knight.
- The leprechaun. He doesn’t add much for me. There’s got to be better sidekicks in the fairy realm.
- I really liked the Black Knight up to the very end when we as readers learn something about him. I wish I could wave a fairy wand and throw some pixie dust to get him and Tristan to both agree to share Savannah (the unlikeliest end to any love triangle I know but still).
Last Minute Thoughts: This book was so adorable. Can it be made into a movie pronto?
Rating: 5 Treasure Chests