Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: My Unfair Godmother
Author: Janette Rallison
Page Count: 352 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 10+
Summary: After her parents’ divorce, Tansy Miller quits being a good girl. She stops reading, a passion she loved to share with her father but can’t stomach anymore, and starts dating a local bad boy. When she gets caught for an act of vandalism she didn’t commit or condone doing, Tansy figures life can’t get any worse… until her fairy godmother Chrysanthemum Everstar says she’s 72% pathetic. Ugh. Chrissy gives her 3 wishes to fix her life and Tansy isn’t going to waste them.
Why I started this book:
I loved the first book in the series, had to read this one!
- Tansy is a rebellious teen, a little cliched in her approach to get back at her dad, but then again the girl does start out %72 pathetic. I love how her first efforts to change that make it worse instead of better. She evolves into a character you can root for as the plot moves forward.
- Hudson – a manly high school senior – not a joke or an oxymoron. He’s not into the high school drama, believes and works for justice, is respectful, honorable, but still a little tarnished which just makes him that much sexier in a knight’s armor.
- I love how Tansy and Hudson play off each other in this book, especially when they butt heads in the beginning because of Hudson tricking her into snitching on her (ex) boyfriend.
- Rumpelstiltskin storyline – wow! Awesome.
- Uh how stupid is the dad? All buddy-buddy with the stepson and ignoring his own daughter until she does something too outrageous and finally gets his attention coming across like a hardcase. Yet he wonders why she’s got issues? Eye roll.
- The leprechaun once again didn’t appeal to me. He’s got to go and Chrissy agrees!
Last Minute Thoughts: When will Chrissy get her next assignment?
Rating: 4.5 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]unfair godmother rallison, 10, “”, “”[/phpbay]