by Captain Lyaf Yarr
Title: New Moon
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Page Count: 563
Grade Reading Level: 9 -12
Summary: New Moon begins when Edward Cullen leaves Bella Swan in Forks to make sure he doesn’t kill her. Edward leaving Bella is as bad in her mind as if he or his family had killed her. But then Jacob Black comes along and gives her a shoulder to cry on. Their relationship becomes stronger and weaker at the same time… see Jacob can be a good friend, but he doesn’t want to be a friend, he wants more. Eventually one of Bella’s daredevil antics triggers an anomaly in Alice’s visions which starts a whole world of trouble for Edward, Bella, and the Cullens.
Why I Started This Book:
I began this book because, I read the first book in the series and I thought the second one would be just as well. Also I wanted to see the movie and I couldn’t unless I read it before the movie. I read it so early because, I thought I would read it just as slow as I did Twilight, but I read it much faster.
- I liked when Bella opened the door to her house and all we know is vampire. It could have been Victoria! It was Alice and then I was worried about Edward and just had to finish the book that night to find out what happen.
- I enjoyed the scene in Italy when Bella shoves her way between all those people in the square to get to Edward and stop him before he revels himself as a vampire to humans.
- One of the best parts of this book was when the Cullens voted to decide if Bella would become a vampire or not. Loved the result even if Edward didn’t!
- I disliked most of this book because of Jacob. He’s so pushy. He’s always looking for angles.
- I don’t like how Jacob assumes that Jacob and Bella are now a couple now that Edward’s gone and calls her names like honey.
- I don’t understand why people think Jacob is so nice and innocent. He’s a good guy, sure, but he’s pretty incapable of accepting just Bella’s friendship. Who needs that drama?
Last Minute Thoughts: This book was good but it I’d read the first book again if I had a choice between the two. Stupid Jacob! BLAH! He ruins most of the book, but luckily Edward comes back and saves it! Sparkles over fur! I can’t wait till the movie! I hope it’s just as good as the first one.
Book Rating: I give this book 3.5 Treasure Chests.
[phpbay]New Moon Stephenie Meyer, 5, 377, “”[/phpbay]
[phpbay]New Moon Stephenie Meyer, 5, 29792, “”[/phpbay]