by First Mate Keira
Title: Revelations (Blue Bloods, Book 3)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Narrator: Christina Moore
CD Count + Minutes: 5 CDs (6 Hours)
Grade Reading Level: 9th Grade +
Summary: Schuyler is now officially adopted by the Forces and living under the same roof as Jack and Mimi. Talk about awkward. Some believe that Schuyler’s half-blood blood isn’t Red Blood and Blue Blood but actually Silver Blood. They’ll find her essential though when a group of Silver Bloods attack an ancient place of power in Rio de Janeiro.
In hopes of getting rid of Schuyler permanently, Mimi is rushing Jack to the altar. She wants the bonding ceremony and she wants it now. Jack isn’t exactly holding her back, but he’s not a willing participant. He might have an unshakeable bond with Mimi, but their relationship for him is more like a duty, not a romance.
Bliss is no longer blacking out, but she’s starting to have gruesome visions. The one that scares her the most is of a man claiming to be her father. How can this be true? It doesn’t make sense.
The family behind the Silver Bloods is finally revealed to readers. The clues are finally all added up. Did you guess right?
Why I started this book:
I just finished reading Masquerade and Revelations is next in the Blue Blood series.
- Schuyler moving into the Force family home. I’m not sure how it happened, because she was supposed to be emancipated by her grandmother’s will, but I’m all up for getting her and Jack into close living quarters.
- There’s a funny reference to Harry Potter in this book when Schuyler ruminates that the 2nd guest bedroom was hardly the cupboard under the stairs.
- Publicly Jack keeps up the front that Schuyler means nothing to him, but privately it’s a whole other story. They begin to meet in clandestine locations to spend time together using Oliver as a cover.
- Kingsley is still around and bugging the heck out of Mimi with his very presence. Isn’t he a Silver Blood and a traitor?
- The love triangle. Oliver is a good friend, but I’m not a big fan of friends to lovers romances. I get not wanting to hurt his feelings, but Schuyler needs to suck it up and put on her big girl panties. My hope for this series is for Jack and Schuyler together. It will only happen if Jack stands up to his sister and if Schuyler puts herself forward. (Crosses fingers.)
- Jordan is a real weird kid. I’m not sure how I feel about her as a character. She’s definitely creepy. I wonder what will happen to her now that she’s been kidnapped.
Rating: 3.5 Stars