Reviewed by Tavern Wench Maisie
Title: Silver Dew
Author: Suzie Davies
Format: Digital Ebook
Page Count: 317 Pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 15+
Summary: Only weeks before she graduates from high school, Grace has to leave the comfort of her home as there are people running after her and her lover Sebastian. These enemies are known as The Others who can use their own magic against them. She has the ability to use magic stored up inside her, but she has to realise who she is and what she can do. She knows this relentless pursuit will not stop unless she can fully use her powers against them.
Why I Started This Book:
It was offered to me by Keira, I liked the look of the cover and love books with magic users in them.
- There’s a popular play list the reader can organise to listen to while reading this book. I think this is a good idea as it’s great for when you’re commuting.
- Silver Dew is a faster moving book than the first one, Amber Frost.
- Grace and Sebastian are characters the reader can identify with.
- The relationship between Grace and Sebastian is interesting without interfering with the story and coming across as over soppy.
- Having to wait for the next volume!
Last Minute Thoughts: If you liked this book, then Amber Frost will be a good introduction to the series.
Recommendations: Young-adult books are generally for 13-18 yr. old readers, but I find some content is inappropriate for the 13/14 year olds.
Rating: 4.5 Treasure Chests