By First Mate Keira
Title: The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, Book 4)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Format: Digital ebook
Page Count: 386 pages
Grade Reading Level: Grade 7+
Summary: Ash has turned his life upside down for a girl. A girl he can’t even be with now as she rules the Iron Court, a place where a Winter Faery could never survive. He’s doomed to live forever without her unless he does the impossible and finds a way to earn a soul and become mortal. This is something Puck has to see! Grimalkin, the Big Bad Wolf, and one extra special faery join the duo as they seek to reach the farthest corners of the Never Never.
Why I started this book:
Have you seen my Team Ash shirt? No? Let me show it to you! I love the Iron Fey series. I want this set of novels made into movies. It could be big! Bigger than Twilight it’s so good!
- Grimalkin and the Big Bad Wolf. I like their bickering and I definitely enjoyed learning their overlapping history. I also liked that despite the belittling comments and snarls and disdainful sniffs there was a mutual respect underneath… perhaps way underneath but it was there!
- That the story was in Ash’s POV. Hot! Of course I was surprised at times when it came to his voice/thoughts and I’m not sure I liked the waffling that happens in the middle. There came a point when I almost changed teams to Team Puck because of something Puck said (shocking, I know, but it goes to show you that Puck’s feelings were deep and real when it came to Meghan and also Kagawa’s skills as a writer) when Ash was acting like a moron, but I’m glad I didn’t waiver.
- The Mission Impossible feel that became a Mission Impossible within a Mission Impossible or perhaps I should say an Inception within an Inception (dream within a dream if you didn’t see the movie.) Those back to back quests and daring feats were epic!
- The end of the Never Never landscape.
- That nobody we like dies! Thank you Kagawa for that!
Rating: 5 Treasure Chests
[phpbay]kagawa iron knight, 10, 377, “”[/phpbay]