Reviewed by First Mate Keira
Title: The Spirit Eater (The Legend of Eli Monpress, Book 3)
Author: Rachel Aaron
Format: Digital ebook
Page Count: 448 pages
Grade Reading Level: Ages 15+
Summary: It’s fashionable to be robbed by Eli now. It means you’ve got something worth stealing. Now with people randomly pledging money toward his capture, it’s clearly a time to lie low, a fact that hits home after an assassination attempt on Eli. Meanwhile Nico is struggling maintaining her fight with the demonseed, helping Eli and Josef require her unlocking memories she can’t quite grasp. When she does, would it be better if she hadn’t?
- Eli’s Home, is actually a small outlying village that he’s purchased. He gives the town folk most of the treasure he steals in exchange for asylum and position as mayor. They eat the best foods, furnish their houses with diamonds and gold furnishings, and wear rich fabrics. Life is great and they love Eli.
- Oh ho! Look who is Eli’s mom. I wonder how he came to live with his dad and why she didn’t try to find Eli when he ran away.
- The history of Josef and the sword known as “The Heart of War.”
- Pele is her father’s apprentice. Slorn is a Sharper. I get that she asks for help, but why doesn’t she insist on tagging along with the trio to save her dad?
- Eli Monpress might be the hero of this series, but once again he’s pushed aside for Nico. This story focuses mostly on Nico’s past, how she became a demonseed, and of course when she becomes a fully formed demon things go to hell… again.
Last Minute Thoughts: Can’t wait to read the next two books in the series!
Rating: 4 Treasure Chests