My favorite Harry Potter book is Goblet of Fire, number four in the series. I like it best because…
- It was the first very long book which meant I could spend more time at Hogwarts.
- It opened up the wizarding world and showed readers life outside of Hogwarts and the wizarding world of Great Britain.
- The International Quidditch match. We get to see the sport in action as it was meant to be played.
- The Death Eaters attack. It’s a sign the series is about to get darker.
- The interschool championship and the race for eternal glory!
- Fred and George’s antics.
- Fleur – Part Veela. Krum – Boy Quidditch Star. Cedric – Hufflepuff Pride.
- Harry’s gobsmacked expression at getting selected.
- Harry’s match of wits with a dragon.
- Dobby back to help Harry Potter.
- Swimming underwater in the lake. Where was the Giant Squid?
- The giant maze and especially the sphinx.
- Sirius’ coming to help Harry out in the tournament.
- Rita Skeeter is awesome and a total nuisance.
- Snape’s disgust with Potter’s increased celebrity.
- The fake Mad-Eye Moody as Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. The kids actually learned something with him unlike with Quirrell.
- Harry beating a second Unforgiveable Curse.
- Finding out that Moaning Myrtle stalked boys in the bathrooms. Bwuahaha.
- Interaction with beings other than centaurs. Go merpeople!
- The Yule Ball and Harry’s absolute failure as a date.
- Voldemort regaining his body and lording his return over his followers.
- Ron having to practice dancing with McGonagall.
- The duel between Voldemort and Harry.
- The shades helping Harry out when his wand was locked with Voldemort’s.
- That the second war was just beginning and all the potential for awesome.
Your Turn: Which book in the Harry Potter series is your favorite? Why is it your favorite? Share in the comments!
[phpbay]goblet fire rowling, 10, 377, “”[/phpbay]